Lebanon health officials said a Syrian refugee mother and her three children died after inhaling toxic fumes from burning coal to warm their room.
Dr. Youssef al-Dor, an official of Resala Health Ambulance Association said the mother and three children aged between 4-7 died in their sleep.
Youssef al-Dor said they were taken from their house in the village of Kharayab to a nearby hospital, but they were already dead upon arrival.
Lebanon is home to 1.5 million Syrian refugees who fled war in next-door Syria. According to UN estimates, around 90% of Syrian refugee households live in extreme poverty.
© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.