Cuba condemns six-decade long US blockade before UN

Cuba’s Foreign Affairs Minister Bruno Eduardo Rodriguez Parrilla condemned the six-decade-long economic blockade of the United States on Cuba, calling it an “economic war in times of peace.” 

“Thirty years have now elapsed since the first General Assembly resolution against this blockade, and at this time, the U.S. continues to ignore the almost unanimous demand from you to cease its illegal and brutal policy against Cuba,” Parrilla said

Parrilla also criticized the U.S. State Department for the designation of Cuba as a state sponsor of terrorism last year, which the State Department said would penalize U.S. companies for making business deals in Cuba. 

Parilla also said that the current government of the United States kept up aggressive measures of pressure on Cuba. 

“This slanderous classification of our country as a sponsor of terrorism stigmatizes our financial bodies and institutions and makes it extremely difficult for us to conduct transactions,” Parilla said. 

During the United Nations General Assembly on Wednesday, Parrilla reminded the Assembly that the U.N. unanimously approved a resolution every year. 


© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.