Briggs & Stratton of Wauwatosa, Wis., recalled about 20,000 YTL, Longli and TIYA Log Splitters with Briggs & Stratton 250cc engines due to potential safety risk.
An incorrect engine ignition coil and flywheel can lead to hard starting and engine kick back, posing an injury hazard to the operator.
The company is aware of two incidents, which resulted in broken wrists.
The log splitters are sold under the following brands:
- Black Diamond (model number BDBS32T – 32 ton and YTL-015-134 – 30 ton);
- Crimson (model number YTL-590-012 – 32 ton);
- Lumberjack (model number YTL-007-414);
- Performance Built (model number YTL-007-308 and YTL-016-476 – 30 ton);
- Brute (model numbers YTL-140-701 – 30 ton and YTL-140-473 – 35 ton);
- Country Pro (YTL-019-880);
- Boss (model number WD32T); and
- Oregon (model 3000 Series – 30 ton).
The splitters were manufactured in China and were sold nationwide and online.
The company urges consumers to immediately stop using the recalled log splitters and to contact an authorized Briggs & Stratton dealer for a free inspection and repair.
© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.