Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Admits Sandy Hook School Shooting was ‘100% Real’

Internet conspiracy theorist Alex Jones admitted in court that the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting that killed 20 students and six teachers was “100% real” after previously claiming it was a hoax.

“Especially since I’ve met the parents. It’s 100% real,” Jones testified on Aug. 3 in a defamation trial brought against him by a couple whose son died in the shooting.

Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, whose six-year-old son Jesse died in the shooting, have sued Jones for defamation, claiming that they endured harassment and emotional distress due to Jones’ false claims.

The couple is seeking as much as $150 million.

Jurors have begun deliberations to determine how much money Jones owes for defaming the couple.

Jones said that he was “baited” several times into speaking about the shooting and blamed “corporate media” for twisting his words.

Jones said he has been “caught in this situation where I’ve been basically typecast as someone that runs around talking about Sandy Hook, who made money off Sandy Hook, who was obsessed with Sandy Hook when it was less than one-tenth of 1%, over those six years, of what we covered.”

Jones repeatedly suggested in his far-right radio show Infowars that the shooting was staged by the government to push for gun control.

Mark Bankston, the attorney for the pair, also revealed in court that Jones’ lawyers “messed up” and sent him an “entire digital copy” of Jones’ cell phone text messages that referenced Sandy Hook.

Jones previously said under oath that there were no such messages.

“Do you know what perjury is?” Bankston asked Jones.

Bankston also cited broadcasts in which Jones claimed the trial was “rigged.”

A judge has already found Jones liable because he did not hand over critical evidence before the trial began.


© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.