Saudi Arabia on Monday ended COVID-19 travel restriction on its citizens traveling to Turkey, India, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
Saudi Arabia’s Interior Ministry said that the citizens can now travel to four more countries, linking the decision to the epidemiological situation of the COVID-19 pandemic globally.
Last week, the Kingdom also announced that wearing masks is no longer mandatory in public places, but said that people will still be required to put masks on while visiting the Grand Mosque in Mecca, and the Prophet’s Mosque in Medina.
The Saudis were also required to have their third COVID-19 booster in the period of three months after getting the second shot, but the timeframe has now been extended to eight months.
Saudi nationals were earlier prohibited from traveling to 16 countries during the COVID-19 health emergency. The lists included Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, India, Yemen, Somalia, Ethiopia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Libya, Indonesia, Vietnam, Armenia, Belarus, and Venezuela.
© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.