Police on April 4 arrested one suspect in connection to the mass shooting in Sacramento, California that killed six people and wounded 12 others.
The Sacramento Police Department booked 26-year-old Dandrae Martin into jail for assault and illegal firearm possession charges in relation to the April 3 mass shooting.
Martin has not been arrested for any homicide related to the shooting, Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert said in a statement.
Schubert also said that they expect more arrests to be made as the investigation is ongoing.
“We will be reviewing the evidence provided to our office and making a determination of what, if any, charges are appropriate,” Schubert said.
Martin also has an outstanding warrant from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.
According to jail records, he is set to appear in court on April 5.
Investigators believe that multiple shooters opened fire in the downtown area of Sacramento early on April 3.
Police said that the injured victims suffered from gunshot wounds that range in severity from minor to critical but stable.
As part of the investigation, police served search warrants at three residences and recovered one handgun.
During the preliminary processing of the scene, police recovered 100 shell casings at the scene and located at least three buildings and three vehicles that had been struck by gunfire.
The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office identified the six killed in the shooting as Johntaya Alexander, 21; Yamile Martinez-Andrade, 21; Devazia Turner 29; Joshua Hoye-Lucchesi, 32; Sergio Harris, 38; and Melinda Davis, 57.
© Fourth Estate
® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.