At least one person was killed and nearly 60 others, including traders and visitors received injuries in a blast that occurred at Saray-e-Shazada, Afghanistan’s biggest currency exchange market in the capital Kabul on Sunday morning.
Taliban’s Ministry of Interior in a statement said that the blast was triggered by a hand grenade and the incident is under investigation.
A spokesman for the Saray-e-Shazada market, Zirak Zirak said that the blast took place on the first floor of the market and said that many of the wounded people are in critical condition.
“59 victims of the Kabul blast received at our hospital in the city. One was dead on arrival. Over 33 have been admitted,” the Emergency Hospital said in a tweet.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
This came after a blast in western Herat province on Friday that took the lives of 12 people and wounded 25 others.
“The death toll of the blast in PD 12 of Herat city has risen to 12, with 25 wounded,” provincial health officials said, adding the explosives were buried in a sports field and triggered as young people were playing.
Since the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan in August last year, dozens of attacks have been reported throughout the country, in which the IS terrorist group claimed responsibility for most of them.
Moreover, five children were killed and two more received injuries on Friday in a blast as a result of un-exploded ordnance in Maraj district of Helmand province.
© Fourth Estate
® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.