A South Korean government official said Monday that the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) plans to convene a session this week in response to North Korea’s latest projectile launch.
“Our government is in close communication with major members of the Security Council, including the United States,” the official added.
The North lobbed what appears to be a medium-range ballistic missile (MRBM) into the East Sea on Saturday in its ninth show of force this year alone, the South’s military said.
On Sunday, Pyongyang’s state media reported that the nation’s defense science authorities have conducted “another important test under the plan of developing a reconnaissance satellite.”
“(The government) plans to respond (to the issue) in comprehensive consideration of North Korea’s repeated missile launches and seriousness,” another ministry official said.
Late last month, on Pyongyang’s eighth round of missile launches this year, South Korea, the U.S., and nine other countries formally expressed a unified position against it.
© Fourth Estate
® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.