16 Wounded as Saudi Intercepts Drone Above Jizan Airport

The Saudi-led coalition in Yemen said on Monday that Saudi’s air defense has destroyed a drone launched by Houthi rebels towards King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Airport in the city of Jizan.

The Arab Coalition in a statement said that at least 16 people of different nationalities were injured as a result of the attack. “Three of the injured individuals have evacuated to the nearby hospital and their health conditions have been reported critical,” according to the statement.

State news agency (SPA) said that Iranian-backed Houthi militia has resumed launching cross border attacks from the Yemen’s capital Sanaa International Airport

The Houthis will pay the price for attacking civilian populated areas, the coalition warned in the statement, vowing to launch a large-scale military operation against the group.    

The coalition said the Saudi Kingdom will take all measures to ensure the safety of the civilians in compliance with international law.

On February 10, Houthis launched a drone attack targeting Abha’s international airport in which 12 people of different nationalists received injuries.

Two Saudis, four Bangladeshi, three Nepali, one Indian, a Filipino and a Sirlankian were wounded after Saudi air defenses had intercepted the Houthis drone.

The Houthis have not commented on Monday’s attack so far.


© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.