Prince Andrew Demands U.S. Jury Trial If Virginia Giuffre Lawsuit is Not Dismissed

Prince Andrew demands a jury trial in the sexual abuse lawsuit filed against him by Virginia Giuffre, his lawyers said in court papers filed on Jan. 26.

“Prince Andrew hereby demands a trial by jury on all causes of action asserted in the complaint,” Andrew’s lawyers wrote in an 11-page document.

Giuffre has accused Andrew of sexually assaulting her on multiple occasions when she was a teenager.

Giuffre also alleged in her lawsuit battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Andrew has consistently denied the allegations.

In the recent court documents, Andrew’s lawyers admitted that he met late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein “in or around 1999,” but denied that Epstein “trafficked girls to him.”

According to his lawyers, Andrew “lacks sufficient information to admit or deny” the allegations that Epstein was “widely renowned as a billionaire who used his vast connections to powerful individuals, and seemingly unlimited wealth and resources, to create a web of transcontinental sex trafficking that served himself, his coconspirators, and some of the most powerful people in the world.”

Andrew also denied that he was “close friends” with Ghislaine Maxwell, who was found guilty last month of grooming girls to be abused by Epstein.

Andrew’s lawyers also cited claims of “consent” and the so-called “doctrine of unclean hands,” which alleges that Giuffre has acted unethically related to the accusations.

“Giuffre’s alleged causes of action are barred in whole or in part by her own wrongful conduct,” Andrew’s lawyers wrote.

In response to the court filings, Giuffre’s Attorney David Boies said they “look forward to confronting Prince Andrew” at court.

U.S. Judge Lewis Kaplan has indicated that he would seek to hold a trial in September or October.


© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.