“No Chance”: Dwayne Johnson Snubs Vin Diesel’s Overture to Return to ‘Fast and Furious’ Franchise

Dwayne Johnson believes there’s “no possibility” he’ll return to the Fast & Furious franchise, despite recent overtures from co-star Vin Diesel for the duo to put their public rivalry behind them and work again on Fast 10.

In an interview with CNN published Wednesday, the Red Notice actor was questioned directly about Diesel’s public offer of an olive branch, and she responded bluntly and unequivocally. “This past June, when Vin and I actually connected not over social media, I told him directly — and privately — that I would not be returning to the franchise,” Johnson said.

Johnson also addressed Diesel’s public attempts to reconcile the action stars. In an Instagram post in November, Diesel made a very public, and odd, plea to Johnson to return to the Fast fold.

Johnson and Diesel broke out dramatically, or rather, their quarrel became public, in 2016 when they butted heads on the set of The Fate of the Furious. Since Johnson’s 2016 Instagram post in which he questioned Diesel’s professionalism, they have been exchanging insults in the media.

Johnson has now gone on to feature in the spinoff The Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, alongside Jason Statham. In 2019, that picture grossed $759 million worldwide. Fast 9, Diesel’s most recent Fast film, was released earlier this year and garnered $721 million worldwide, making it the top-grossing Hollywood picture of the epidemic.

Fast and Furious 10 and Fast and Furious 11 director Justin Lin has cast Diesel in both films. Universal has scheduled a May 19, 2023 release date for Fast 10. Lin has defined Fast 9, 10, and 11 as parts of a trilogy that will bring the main Fast franchise to an end.


© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.