Isuzu Technical Center of America recalled certain Isuzu and Chevrolet vehicles due to potential safety risk.
The recall includes the following vehicles:
- Model year 2015-2017 Isuzu NPR
- Model year 2016-2020 Isuzu NPR XD
- Model year 2016-2020 Isuzu NPR HD
- Model year 2016-2020 Isuzu NQR
- Model year 2016-2021 Isuzu NRR
- Model year 2017-2020 Chevrolet 4500XD
- Model year 2017-2020 Chevrolet 4500HD
- Model year 2017-2020 Chevrolet 5500HD
- Model year 2020 Chevrolet 5500XD
The U-bolt nuts for the rear axle may not have been properly tightened and may loosen, causing the axle to misalign.
The misalignment may cause the propeller shaft to separate, causing a loss of power to the rear wheels and a stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Isuzu will notify owners, while dealers will inspect and replace and tighten the rear axle U-bolt nuts, free of charge.
The recall is expected to begin April 23, 2021.
There have been no reported incidents to date.
© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.