The government of Pakistan strongly condemned the launch of ballistic missile by Yemen’s Huthis toward Riyadh, the capital city of Saudi Arabia that had been aimed against civilians and infrastructures.
In a statement, Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry said that the successful interception of the ballistic missile by the Royal Saudi Air Defense saved loss of innocent lives.
“Such attacks not only violate international law but also threaten peace and security of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the region. Pakistan calls for the immediate cessation of these attacks,” the statement added.
Pakistan reaffirmed its full support and solidarity with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia against any threats to its security and territorial integrity, it added.
Saudi Arabia early on Tuesday said it had launched overnight air raids against targets in Yemen in retaliation for a ballistic missile fired by Huthi rebels, destroying the launch site in Sanaa.
“We have destroyed sites in Sanaa linked to ballistic missiles and drones,” the official Saudi news agency SPA reported.
The Saudi Ministry of Defense denounced the firing of the Houthi missile and the rebels’ “vicious and irresponsible behaviour of targeting civilians”, the news agency added.
Spokesman for the Yemeni Armed Forces Brigadier General Yahya Saree said they have launched missile and drone attacks against targets across Saudi Arabia.
In a press briefing on Tuesday, he talked about extensive Yemeni attacks on different targets in Saudi Arabia, including the Saudi Defense Ministry and the Aramco oil facilities.
Yemeni forces had targeted critical military positions in the regions of Riyadh, Jeddah, Taif, Jazan, Najran and Asir provinces, according to the spokesman.
© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.