ISIS Claims Responsibility for Taliban Bomb Attacks

The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a series of bombings in the eastern Afghan city of Jalalabad.

“More than 35 Taliban militia members were killed or wounded in a series of explosions that took place,” the militant group said, referring to blasts on Saturday and Sunday.

Sources told Al Jazeera that at least seven people were killed and some 30 were wounded.

However, there was no immediate comment from the Taliban about the death toll.

According to the sources, the casualties happened when improvised explosive devices (IEDs) detonated on Saturday.

Women, children, and security staff were among those murdered or injured. It is the first deadly attack in Afghanistan since the United States withdrew its troops.

ISIS-K earlier claimed responsibility for the Kabul airport attack, which killed 13 US service members and nearly 180 Afghans last month.


© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.