Newmar Corporation recalled 2,169 recreational vehicles due to potential safety risk.
The recall includes the following:
- Model year 2019-2021 Bay Star, Ventana & New Aire,
- Model year 2019-2020 Canyon Star, Bay Star Sport, Essex, King Aire, London Aire & Mountain Aire,
- Model year 2018-2021 Dutch Star,
- Model year 2020 Kountry Star and
- Model year 2019 Ventana LE.
The adhesive that bonds the vented portion of the window may fail and cause the vent portion of the window to detach, increasing the risk of a crash or injury.
Dealers will inspect the windows, and replace the vent, free of charge.
Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on September 25, 2021.
There have been no reported incidents or injuries to date.
© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.