The Taliban has announced the formation of a new caretaker government just after it claimed victory in Panjishir, the last holdout or the National Resistance Front of Afghanistan.
According to the Taliban, the acting officials are:
- Hassan Akhund, prime minister,
- Sarrajuddin Haqqani as interior minister,
- Mullah Yaqoob as defense minister, and
- Amir Khan Muttaqi as foreign minister.
- Mullah Abul Ghani Baradar, the head of the movement’s political office would be deputy Prime Minister.
There are still conflicting reports on the assignment of government officials.
This is a breaking story.
© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.