India has reportedly deployed at least 50,000 additional troops to its border with China after calling a ceasefire just last February and agreeing to hold more disengagement dialogues.
Several unnamed sources told Bloomberg that there are now at least 200,000 troops at the Ladakh border since the clashes with Chinese border forces last year at the Line of Actual Control (LAC.)
Both the Indian Army and a spokesman for the Prime Minister’s Office in New Delhi have not yet confirmed the report.
China’s Foreign Ministry has also not commented on the alleged additional deployment of troops at the border.
There were no final talks yet about disengagement from both sides after the two countries met on Friday for the Working Mechanism for Consultation & Coordination on India and China.
China and India said there would be further talks to ensure stability on the ground and prevent any untoward incidents from happening again.
“In this regard, the two sides agreed to maintain dialogue and communication through the diplomatic and military mechanisms to reach a mutually acceptable solution for complete disengagement from all friction points so as to ensure full restoration of peace and tranquillity to enable progress in the bilateral relations,” said the Indian Ministry of External Affairs (MEA.)
© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.