A car bombing near Kabul happened on Sunday that killed at least three Afghan security personnel and injured 12 others, officials said.
Kabul police spokesman Ferdaws Faramarz confirmed the casualties in Sunday’s bombing in the Paghman district of Kabul.
The Taliban claimed the attack and said in a statement that 45 Afghan security force members had been killed or injured in the blast.
The insurgent group had also issued a warning against continued airstrikes in areas of Afghanistan, saying that they violate an agreement between the Taliban and the United States.
Under the agreement, withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan was expected by May 1 in exchange for peace guarantees from the Taliban and peace talks with the U.S.-backed Afghan government.
© Fourth Estate
® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.