Car Bomb kills 8 in Herat, 50 Wounded

A car bomb in Afghanistan’s western Herat province has killed at least eight people and injured over 50 last Friday.

Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian said the car bomb blast targeted a police station and also ended up damaging at least 14 houses in a nearby residential area. 

Mohammad Rafiq Sherzai, a senior Afghan health official said that they have retrieved eight bodies so far including two women, three children, two male civilians, and one member of the military.

Among the wounded were  20 women and 12 children with 5 in critical condition.

There are no groups yet which claimed responsibility for the attack but recent attacks around the country were attributed to the local IS cells and the Taliban. 


© Fourth Estate® — All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.